I cycled to work, and in my bag I put…
My Wife shouted down from upstairs the other day….’Would you get X out of my handbag please….(No big secret what X was… I just can’t remember….)
‘No problem Darling,’ So I went in her handbag… Something I would never do without her express permission…. Among the the sweet wrappers, tissues, receipts, purse, keys and nail varnish bottles, I found whatever it was she wanted and took it up to her….
What a mess I thought I’m glad I just use a wallet…. couple of credit cards, bank card and a few receipts, no room for a mess. Obviously a bloke wouldn’t carry around a load of crap around in a bag, would he?
Here’s an inventory of the current contents of my commuter rucksack…..
- Garmin charging lead
- Spare gloves
- 2 inner tubes
- Puncture repair kit
- Nail brush (nope I don’t know why either)
- 1 trainer sock (I think this was doubling as a phone case before I got a case for my latest phone)
- 3 tyre levers
- 4 x AA batteries
- 4 x AAA batteries
- 1 pair SPD cleat covers
- Note pad
- Pair of night vision ‘sun’ glasses
- 3 x wage slips
- Lock (not required at work as bike sits inside the warehouse)
- A broken back light
- Charger for front ‘Cree’ light
- Load of change loose in bottom (probably amounts to a fiver if I could be bothered to find it all and count it)
- ‘Cycling keys’ a small bunch of keys with just a house key and lock key on it
- Work keys
- Small roll of sellotape
- Back up battery pack charger wotsit for phone (which always survives a day and there is a charger available at work under counter)
- Several pens in varying states of functionality, (working, used up and broken but with ink so could be used in a a pen related emergency.)
- Allen key ‘pen knife’ type thingy
Added to this daily is a lunch box, rain jacket (if not worn on morning commute) varying amounts of work clothes depending on what was left at work the day before, phone and wallet.
All of the above list is obviously essential for a total daily commute mileage of fifteen miles whereas a thirty or forty mile recreational ride requires just (all in a jersey back pocket of course)
- The inner tubes
- 1 x Tyre lever
- Small pump
- Phone (complete with android pay so no bank card or wallet required)
- The ‘cycling’ bunch of keys
As I said at the beginning a bloke wouldn’t carry around a random bag of crap around day in, day out…. Can’t think why a woman would do it…..